db2sampl mystery

So I am reading my "Understanding DB2" book. I come across a section on the sample database. Previously I had problems creating the sample database. So I thought I finally was getting lucky. Apparently I just needed to issue the db2sampl command. However when I try that, I just get a bunch of error messages no matter what I do.

Don't get me wrong. I do not give up easily. I searched my DB2 installation for anything that looked like a sample database. Even though I was able to locate a db2sampl directory on my file system, I could not make heads or tails of it contents. There were a number of files types like xsd, xml, html, and even gif. I included one of the image files I found in this post. Who knows? Maybe this is a picture of a person who is stored in the sample database. I may never know.

This experience is just another setback. I can learn how to create my own database. But having a pre-built sample would help speed things up. What I have learned is that nothing is every easy with this IBM DB2 installation.