Back to Oracle

I started trying to learn IBM DB2 because my next project was going to be one backed by a DB2 database. Through some unfortunate set of events, it looks like that project will not be picking me up. Therefore I am going back to the project I have worked on for the last 8 years or so. And that project is all Oracle.

Therefore I imagine I will not be posting as much on this blog any more. Maybe in my last 2 weeks of employment at my current company I shall play around with the sample database I installed. And if I find anything interesting, I will share it here. However I will not be getting to dig into the details of how things work in the world of DB2. It is a shame. Finally after installing DB2 for Windows 3 times, I got to the point where everything seemed to be working. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Perhaps I will write a couple posts on everything I learned from the book Understanding DB2. It was chock full of information for newbies such as me.